Pair of glass table lamps made by Peill & Putzler in the 1970s.
These are made of a single molded glass flower shaped piece, tinted in brown with lighter beige hues. One source of light under the shade and one inside the glass.
Peill & Putzler
Peill & Putzler was founded in 1903 in Düren, Germany, by Johann Peill and Ferdinand Putzler. Initially, the company focused on production of glassware and everyday products. However, it gained prominence for its innovative glass designs, particularly in the mid 20th century. During the second half of the 20th century, Peill & Putzler became a significant player in the lighting design. The company produced a wide range of lighting fixtures, including pendant lights, table lamps, and wall sconces. Their designs often feature sleek and modern aesthetics, reflecting the design trends of the time. The company’s commitment to quality and craftmanship contributed to its success, and the firm gained recognition for its contemporary and functional solutions. The designs from Peill & Putzler were popular not only in Germany but also internationally. After ceasing their activities in the 1990’s, Peill & Putzler is remembered today as a pioneering force in German glass and lighting design, leaving a lasting impact on the mid-century modern design movement.
Pair of Peill & Putzler Glass Table Lamps
Height: 15.75 in (40 cm)
Diameter: 13.78 in (35 cm)